Saturday, July 20, 2013

A recipe to share,"Broccoli and Bacon Salad"

I must admit, I am a "tweaker" when it comes to recipes. I occasionally get a recipe that I like to tweak a bit. Lots of times, you may tweak a recipe because you don't have a particular ingredient so you substitute something else or maybe the recipe needs less salt, sugar, etc. Sometimes you may just want to add something completely different. Whatever the case may be, don't be afraid to experiment with recipes. Just make sure, as you are "tweaking," to write it down so you will have the recipe to share. This is my version of Broccoli and Bacon Salad...Enjoy!

Broccoli and Bacon Salad

1 head of broccoli (about 4-5 cups of florets)
½ c. bacon bits (or pieces)
½ c. chopped red onion
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
½ c. sunflower seeds (I use raw unsalted and then I roast them)

Dressing:
1 c. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
2 T. red wine vinegar
¼ c. sugar

Rinse broccoli and cut apart the small florets and drain on paper towels. Make the dressing in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix all the ingredients and then add the dressing. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you with any comments!