Saturday, June 22, 2013

Magnolia wreath in the Spring & Summer too!

Art & Crafts

Who says you can't hang a magnolia leaf wreath in the Spring & Summer! I have a tree that I decided to cut some branches off and make a wreath. I got this idea from my sister-in-law who made a beautiful one for the inside of her home.

To start with, you can either use a straw wreath, which is a lot cheaper, or a styrofoam one. I decided to go with the straw one. I used floral wire pics on each leaf stem and also hot glued the tips to the leaf to secure it better. Then just start poking each leaf into the wreath at an angle and go back and fill in areas that need an extra leaf. Be patient because it takes a while to achieve the final look. Add a Spring or Summer floral pic if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you with any comments!