Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sofa table makeover!

After
The process

Before 
... I was excited to get started with my new upcycled project that I purchased for $30 at a garage sale. The wood grain on the top was beautiful, but had lots of scratches so I decided to strip the old varnish off and sand it down to the bare wood. I then stained the top and brushed on several coats of fast-drying polyurethane. The rest of the wooden areas on the piece, I sanded lightly and applied a couple of coats of primer then a couple of coats of latex paint. The rattan areas were spray painted black and sprayed a clear lacquer finish. The drawer pulls were also spray painted black and the bottom of the legs of the piece were accented with black latex paint. What a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you with any comments!